_Lovingly handmade in Singapore!_
Colourful intricate peacock motif on this wide leg culottes that incorporates the traditional batik art in a modern silhouette.
- Made of cotton. Unlined.
- Slip-on pants with elasticised back panel.
- Functional side pockets.
- Available in Black, Navy, Baby Blue, Pink and Maroon.
- Note: Every batik piece is unique and hence the print placement may vary.
What is Batik?
Batik is the traditional technique of using wax resin and fabric dye to create amazing motifs and patterns. The dyeing process is intricate and laborious. Hence, every batik piece is unique and extremely limited in quantity.
Our batik pieces are lovingly tailored in Singapore by experienced seamstresses. To reduce wastage, the seamstresses will try to use the fabric in the most efficient manner possible. As such, the print placement on every piece is unique and may vary.
You may sometimes find little splashes of ink and wax residue on batik. That is perfectly normal as part of the handmade batik process. Wax residue can be easily removed by handwashing with soap and water.
- Model is 1.74m tall, UK Size 6/8 and wears Size S. Size Guide
- The material has no stretch, so do size up if you are in between sizes.
Laundry care: Hand wash separately in cold running water. Do not soak to prevent colour run.